Every student will know that it is hard to stay focused and productive. I have seen many people struggling to balance the time between studying and relaxing. Even though when they decide to sit down to study, they couldn’t be able to solely focus on the studying. They have to check their social media pages, play around or simply daydream. It is worth noting that your time at the university will fly by quickly. Hence, you should make sure that you are as productive as possible to make use of the time you have left.
Your working space plays an important role to ensure you can boost your productivity and stay productive for a long time. Trust me, if you have a suitable work atmosphere – including the right study zone and the right mindset, you will be able to study in the most productive way.
Look at the tips below to see what you can do in order to create a productive work atmosphere:
Put away distractions
If you have a lot of distractions by your studying desk then how can you focus? It is tempting to spend just a few minutes for one distraction. But in the end, you will realise how much you spend on the things that drive you away from productivity. Hence, you should consider creating a work or study zone free of distractions.
- List all of the things that distract you – movies, music, conversation with your friends, or your phone, to name just a few.
- Then choose a place which doesn’t have these distractions.
- Don’t sit nearby the TV.
- Or if your friend tent to chit chat a lot when they sit by you, politely to ask them for some quiet time.
- You should also place your phone away or consider put it in silent Or even shut down your phone. Try not to check your phone too frequently as well.
- If you think that you can’t study at home, you can go to study in the library. Or go to your coffee shop, whichever the place at which you feel you can focus on your studying.
Here are tips on How To Beat Procrastination and Be More Focused On Your Study
Tidy your space
According to many studies, a tidy working space will help to motive you and enhance your productivity. So make sure to clean and tidy up your space before you start working. Here is the list of the things you need to do to clean your studying zone:
- Clean away all of the food and beverages.
- Wash the coffee mug.
- Take out the bin.
- Remove dirt, especially from the higher shelves.
- Rearrange your books on the self.
- Do you know that there are some essential oils which help to boost your concentration? They are the lemon, rosemary or peppermint, to name just a few. Consider placing a diffuser of these oils on your desk.
- Make sure you organise your stuff so that you have the quickest access to the most used items.
- Don’t forget your computer. Tidy it up by creating folders and sub-folders. Then sort out all of the files into the relevant folders. It will make it easier for you when you need to find something on your computer. Delete all of the old or unused files that you don’t need to clear up some spaces.
Get off your social media page
Phones and social media pages are considered among the most popular distractions and biggest problems when you need to focus on your study.
- You should log out of these pages. When it takes you a long time to get into these pages, you will tend not to visit them often. You don’t have to check every 5 minutes to know what is going on in the world.
- In addition, you can consider un-follow pages of celebrities on Facebook or Instagram. Only follow sites which are helpful for you.
- Also, during busy sessions, you can consider de-active your personal pages.
Put on some ambient music
Music can be a great distraction. It is because you would surely spend time searching for your favourite music to play.
However, music might help to boost your productivity. The main determinant here is how loud you play your music.
- Don’t play music which is too loud. It would become noise and noise will distract you. On the other hand, put music at the ambient level. It will help you to focus more on your studying and boost your productivity.
- Form a playlist of your favourite song before you study. It means that you don’t have to spend time searching for music to listen to.
- The type of music you play is not an important factor. As long as it is the music that you enjoy listening to. You can listen to classical music or rock music, whichever you prefer.
Have water ready
In order to stay productive during your studying sessions, it is important that you are in the best physical and mental health. When you are healthy, your mind will fresh to take in new information. And you would be able to remember things better.
So how can you remain in your best state of physical health?
- Stay active. You are trying to be as productive as possible and balancing your time is your top concern. Not just spending all of the time that you have on studying. Go for a walk or participate in a Yoga class are just 2 examples you can do to keep yourself healthy.
- Try to follow healthy living style. Spend enough time for sleeping, which is about 7 to 9 hours per day.
- Make sure you follow a healthy diet. Eat a lot of vegetables. There are many types of brain food which helps to promote your concentration such as salmon or walnuts.
- While you are focusing on your study, make sure that you drink a lot of water. Have a bottle of water ready for you by your studying desk. Caffeinated drinks offer both good and bad effects to your health so only drink them in a reasonable amount. You should avoid carbonated or energy drinks at all cost.
And how can you remain in your best state of mental health?
- Avoid stress. If you think you are stressed, take a timeout to go for walk, relax or talk to other people.
- Think about the good things that happen to you when you focus on your study.
- You can write down all of the good things that will happen onto a list and place it on your desk where you can easily see. You can also write down the rewards that you are going to give to yourself in order to better motive you into study harder.
In order to create a productive atmosphere, there are a lot of things that you can do. The first thing that you need to do is to get rid of all the distractions such as your phone. In addition, you should try to stay away from your social pages. Other things that you can do are to clean up your desk and try to stay healthy both physically and mentally.
As you can see, these tips are all easy to do. Try them and see how they can help you to boost your productivity.