21 years of age!!! It is one of the most significant milestones in your life for sure. Now that you are in college, celebrating your 21st birthday would be different from birthdays you had before you turn 18. Want to have a memorable day? Check out our tips below for some awesome ways to celebrate your day with your friends and families.
Firstly, decide on how much you want to spend on your 21st birthday.
The first thing is always your budget. You have two options here, which are the classy option and the budget option. An exclusive evening seems to be more suitable for close friends and family. On the other hand, if you want to celebrate your birthday with your group of friends, they would care more about fun than fancy stuff. It is all about the memories that you are going to have together.
Ideas For Staying In
You can either choose to go out or to stay in to celebrate your birthday party. Here are a few ideas for a cosy party at home:
- Throw a themed costume party: You can consider many themes of your favourite and ask your guests to dress accordingly.
- Play a drinking game: No great party at home can miss a drinking game. You can try Quarters, King’s cup or Ring of Fire. Alternatively, consider a movie-themed drinking game. There are plenty of games for you to try out as well.
- You also don’t have to drink to have fun on your day. If drinking or having a big party is not your style, you don’t have to force yourself to do so. You can try a good meal with your close friends and family. Do you know that is the way Taylor Swift celebrated her 21st birthday? After the meal, you can rent a movie and enjoy it together.
- Hire a karaoke machine. If you all love singing, why not hire a karaoke machine to show off your talents.
Notes for hosts:
- You should notice your neighbours about the loud party with music. Try to get to them to your side. Still, be a sensible neighbour yourself.
- Clean your house to make space for the party. Also, keep the valuables and fragile items away.
Ideas For Going Out
- Midnight to midnight: Perhaps this is one of the most popular ways to spend a 21st birthday in Australia. You can start your birthday party in a club the night you turn 21.
- Scavenger Hunt: You can make your night at the club more fun and memorable by creating a scavenger hunt. Set up 21 tasks for your friends to complete and the one who loses has to buy other people a drink.
- You can also try different kinds of bars. There are plenty of types of bars out there for you to have a unique experience. Consider milk bars, oyster bars, or other bars where you can enjoy the sample of the fancy items.
- Go to a concert or a summer music festival. It is a great way to celebrate your birthday by enjoying the artists that you like with your friends.
- Go travelling. Last but not least, you can plan to enjoy your birthday somewhere different from home. It does take much So make a list of the people to invite on your birthday and start organising the trip as soon as possible.
Lastly, here are a few tips to ensure your wellbeing and safety while you enjoy the day:
- Drink slowly: You can legally drink. However, you still have the rest of your life to do so. So don’t rush. Drinking quickly in a hefty amount will harm you. Each person has different strengths and alcohol will act differently on each of us. You should know your limit and refuse a drink when you can’t handle it.
- Eat before you drink. It is never a good idea to drink alcohol on an empty stomach. You should also drink water occasionally as well to prevent dehydration.
- Never drive after you consume alcohol. The designated driver should remain sober. Alternatively, you can consider taking the taxi instead.
- Never leave a drink unattended. If you decide to go to a club or bar, remember to keep an eye on your drink. Also, always go with your group of friends as well.
Above are a few ideas that can help you celebrate one of the most important birthdays of your life. There are still many other options for you to think about to celebrate your birthday. Also, I hope with all of the precaution tips provided here; you can also stay safe on this memorable day.